Certification in Lifestyle Medicine (Board Certification) now available in the UK.
Applications are now open for 2022
Exam expected to be held regionally, in Nov/Dec
There are 4 parts to the Diploma
1) Online learning 2) In person learning 3) Case Study 4) Exam
By signing up for the Certification through BSLM, you are paying for the registration fee and IBLM exam. Eligibility to the exam, includes the completion of seperate pre-requisites. We have listed these below, with the recommended way of achieving:
- 30 hours of online learning. The recommended learning for this the is LMBRC through ACLM at $499 (non CME is sufficient)
- 10 hours of in-person learning. We plan to hold our next annual conference in Sep 2022 in London. If you’re signed up to the Certification you will qualify for the members rate which will be confirmed later in the year. Some learning, networking & engagement just can’t be done online!
- Submission of a Case Study. (reflective).
- Successful completion of the IBLM Board Exam. Expected to take place regionally in Nov/Dec 2022.
BSLM is officially accredited to offer the opportunity to obtain certification from the International Board of Lifestyle Medicine (IBLM).
Certification can be undertaken from a clinical or public health perspective. Certification demonstrates your commitment to, and expertise in, Lifestyle Medicine, augmenting your clinical or public health practice, with a solid grounding in preventing, managing and reversing chronic and lifestyle-related disease.
- IBLM/BSLM Certified Physician – Physicians registered to work in the UK (or Europe where local Society does not exist)
- IBLM/BSLM Certified Professional – Health professionals with a Masters or PhD
- BSLM Certified Practitioner – Health practitioners at Degree level
Registration & pricing
- Certified Physician* – £1,395.00 (single up-front payment)
- Certified Professional** – £1,195.00 (single up-front payment)
- Certified Practitioner** – £1,195.00 (single up-front payment) *Including Registration fee £300 which is non-refundable **Including Registration fee £260 which is non-refundable
Watch the videos below to better understand the reasons for certification and the importance of having an internationally-recognised and consistent standard for Lifestyle Medicine professionals.
About the BSLM Diplomate
What the Students Say
We are now accepting new applications for the 2022 diploma. Application form below.
It is not compulsory to become a member of the BSLM to sign up for the diploma although of course we are grateful for the support of the charity should you wish to do so.
From the International Board of Lifestyle Medicine
Registration & Pricing
Registrations for the 2022 diploma exam are now open. We expect that the exam will be held in a test centre near you between end November and early December 2022 – More details can be provided from firstname.lastname@example.org
A reminder that it is not compulsory to become a member to sign up for the Diploma (although we, of course, appreciate the support of our charity), you will receive full access as a member until completion of your exam.
*Please utilise name as per ID for Certification & Exam entrance purposes