Certification in Lifestyle Medicine (Board Certification)
now available in the UK.
As pre-requisites for writing the Exam, you are required to complete:
- 30 hours of online learning. The recommended learning for this the is LMBRC through ACLM at $499 (non CME is sufficient)
- 10 hours of in-person learning. We plan to hold our next annual conference in Sep 2022 in London. If you’re signed up to the Diploma you will qualify for the members rate which will be confirmed later in the year.
- Submission of a Case Study. This is more of a reflective piece and can be done on a patient, friend/family member, even yourself but highlights your understanding and implementation of the lifestyle changes implemented
BSLM is now offering members the opportunity to obtain certification from the International Board of Lifestyle Medicine (IBLM).
Certification can be undertaken from a clinical or public health perspective. Certification demonstrates your commitment to, and expertise in, Lifestyle Medicine, augmenting your clinical or public health practice with a solid grounding in preventing, managing and reversing chronic and lifestyle-related disease.
Watch the videos below to better understand the reasons for certification and the importance of having an internationally-recognised and consistent standard for Lifestyle Medicine professionals.
We are now accepting new applications for the 2022 diploma. Application form below.
It is not compulsory to become a member of the BSLM to sign up for the diploma although of course we are grateful for the support of the charity should you wish to do so.
About the BSLM Diplomate
What the Students Say
Full member of BSLM - Clinician, public health professional, or health practitioner
- Certified Physician – Physicians registered to work in the UK (or Europe where local Society does not exist)
- Certified Professional – Health professionals with a Masters or PhD
- Certified Practitioner – Health practitioners at Degree level
What’s involved …
- 30 hours of self-directed online Lifestyle Medicine specific CPD – see examples below
- 10 hours of in-person Lifestyle Medicine specific CPD eg: attendance at Lifestyle Medicine conferences including the British Society of Lifestyle Medicine’s annual conference. CPD must not be older than three years prior to the exam) (a reminder that the 2020 Conference which had to go virtual due to Covid 19, would not qualify as it was not “in person”)
- A formal case study of your experience/practice/application of Lifestyle Medicine (submitted no later than one month before the exam)
A formal exam (exams are expected to be held annually): – Exam duration and items/questions
- 150 multiple choice questions for Lifestyle Medicine physicians (four hours)
- 120 multiple choice questions for Lifestyle Medicine professionals/practitioners (four hours)
(CPD must not be older than three years prior to the exam)
From the International Board of Lifestyle Medicine
Registration & Pricing
Registrations for the 2022 diploma exam are now open. We expect that the exam will be held in a test centre near you between end November and early December 2022 – More details can be provided from email@example.com
A reminder that it is not compulsory to become a member to sign up for the Diploma (although we, of course, appreciate the support of our charity), you will receive full access as a member until completion of your exam.
*Please utilise name as per ID for Certification & Exam entrance purposes