We have been receiving enquiries about virtual group consultations as a potential solution to delivering safe, effective care during the current COVID-19 crisis.
In response we are planning to hold a series of webinars on Thursday 9th April to provide an overview of Virtual Group Consultations as well as offering advice and support to clinicians around the world who want to safely and efficiently support their patients with chronic disease during the international lockdown.
This could help your clinical teams to:
- Inform and empower patients at high risk of COVID-19
- Manage triage of COVID-19 symptomatic patients safely and efficiently
- Provide continuity of care for chronic disease patients you would normally see face to face
- Consider virtual groups for antenatal care
- Motivate and engage staff who are self-isolating or infected by contributing to the effort and safely delivering care
The webinar will be hosted by Rob Lawson, Chair of the British Society of Lifestyle Medicine and President of the European Lifestyle Medicine Council, with input from group consultation experts from around the world, including Alison Manson (Group Consultations Training Lead), Dr Fraser Birrell (BSLM Director of Science & Research), Dr Marianne Sumego (Cleveland Clinic), Prof Garry Egger, Dr John Stevens (Southern Cross University) and Dr Jessica Lewis (Yale). Please note not all experts will join all webinars.
This will flag new resources available for those who have already delivered group consultations face to face on adapting to virtual groups, as well as allowing clinicians who haven't previously delivered group consultations to do this virtually.
The timings are as follows for the major time zones from which we anticipate attendance (UK, USA & Australia, as there are plans for ALSM & ACLM to disseminate this BSLM-coordinated international collaboration). However, please forward the link to colleagues in other nations: global problems have global solutions and we want to share this across the whole lifestyle medicine community and beyond. If in doubt, send it out!
Thursday 9th April;
- Session 1: 08:00 BST, 03:00 EDT, 17:00 AEST
- Session 2: 14:00 BST, 09:00 EDT, 23:00 AEST
- Session 3: 20:00 BST, 15:00 EDT, 05:00 AEST (Friday 10th April)
All content and presentations will be made available after the event if you are unable to attend on the day.
If you have any questions contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.