The British Society of Lifestyle Medicine's annual conference is now just a few weeks away.
We do hope you can join us for BSLM2020 - our first ever virtual event - between September 3-5.
Over three days we will be bringing you talks and presentations from the world's leading experts in lifestyle medicine.
Book your tickets now for full access to the conference including ...
- Live or 'on-demand' access to all speaker presentations. Watch on the day or dip in and out at your leisure.
- Opportunities to network and meet online with other people from the global lifestyle medicine community.
- A chance to ask our speakers questions on the day
- Interlude sessions on topics such as food/healthy eating, music, meditation and mindfullness, fitness/exercise, yoga and even a spot of comedy!
This year, we are working with virtual conference provider ivent to bring you a truly interactive and engaging event. You'll get all the benefits of a real world conference - just without the costs of hotels or travel!
We hope you can be there with us between September 3-5. But remember, after the conference, you can choose to watch any of our speakers at a time that's convenient to you.
Downlaod our conference programme now including speakers and topics or you can download an app called attendify on your mobile and search for "British Society of Lifestyle Medicine".
Once you have bought your ticket for the conference you will receive details about how to access the event online. You'll be asked to create a profile which will allow you to communicate with others attending the event and to ask speakers questions.
BSLM2020 promises to be a truly global event bringing together international experts in topics including exercise and physical activity, mental health, diet and nutrition, sleep, virtual group consultations, shared decision making and much more.
BSLM2020 is an opportunity for those interested in lifestyle medicine to get the latest scientific evidence and thinking from a broad range of medical disciplines and schools of thought.
Our speakers this year include ...
- Lifestyle medicine pioneer - Garry Egger
- Amanda Howe - RCGP President
- David Unwin - 'the Low Carb GP'
- Derek Rosario - STAMINA Trial Sheffield
- Author of 'How to Build a Healthy Brain - Kimberley Wilson
- Oncologist and author of 'Keep Healthy After Cancer' - Rob Thomas
- Rob Lawson - BSLM chairman
- Ellen Fallows - NHSE clinical lead for virtual group clinics
IBLM Certification ExamFor those of you studying for the Lifestyle Medicine exam attending the BSLM2020 virtual conference is a vital part of your study.
Attending our virtual conference will give you 10 hours of in-person learning which is essential to completing the course.
IBLM Certification demonstrates your commitment to, and expertise in, Lifestyle Medicine. It will augment your clinical or public health practice with a solid grounding in preventing, managing and reversing chronic and lifestyle-related disease.
This year's IBLM certification exam has now been moved to October and will take place online - giving you plenty of time to study and prepare.