30 Apr 2020 Online Virtual Webinars
The British Society of Lifestyle Medicine, American College of Lifestyle Medicine, Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine and the Lifestyle Medicine Global Alliance have joined forces to develop a series of resources around virtual group consultations.
Our aim is to support clinicians and share best practice for virtual group consultations to improve continuity of care for patients with chronic conditions during covid-19.
Delivered in partnership with the Group Consultations programme we are hosting another free webinar on Thursday, April 30.
This second webinar builds on our first event which was held on April 9. The resources from this event are available at bslm.org.uk/vgc.
This second event is again aimed at clinicians and allied health professionals working to support patients with chronic illnesses to treat, manage and reverse their conditions.
Group consultations (also known as shared medical appointments) have always been an integral part of the lifestyle medicine approach - however the way we deliver them is now changing in response to the covid-19 pandemic.
This webinar will provide an overview of Virtual Group Consultations, and will provide clinicians with the skills and resources to safely and efficiently support patients with chronic disease during the international lockdown.
It will help clinical teams to:
- Inform and empower patients at high risk of COVID-19
- Manage triage of COVID-19 symptomatic patients safely and efficiently
- Provide continuity of care for chronic disease patients you are normally seen face to face
- Consider virtual groups for antenatal care
- Motivate and engage staff who are self-isolating or infected by contributing to the effort and safely delivering care
- Assist post-Covid-19 pandemic care for patients with deferred routine care
- 12.00 UK BST
- 07.00 USA EDT
- 21.00 Australia (AEST)
Speakers and topics
- Introduction and Welcome - Dr Wayne Dysinger, ACLM
- Standing Virtually on the Shoulders of Giants - Ed Noffsinger
- Update on Virtual Group Consultations During COVID - Dr Fraser Birrell, BLSM Director of Science & Research
- Data Collection on Virtual Shared Medical Appointments - Marianne Sumego, Cleveland Clinic
- Scaling, leadership and international collaboration - Prof Garry Egger, Southern Cross University
- Satisfaction and support for virtual group consultations - Alison Manson, Group Consultations Programme
- Panel Q&A - facilitated by Dr Wayne Dysinger
Virtual Group Consultations: Frequently asked questions
During the webinar, we will be asking those taking part to submit their questions to speakers. We will use these to compile a FAQs document to support those looking to implement virtual group consultations and this will be made available after the event.
You can access the FAQ from the first webinar here.
BSLM Annual conference
For further discussion around group consultations please join us this summer for BSLM2020, the British Society of Lifestyle Medicine’s virtual conference at bslm.org.uk/event/bslm2020-virtualconference.