07 Dec 2020 Pavilion Centre, Wadebridge, Cornwall
Due to concerns around the recent COVID-19 outbreak this event has been postponed until December 7th
The 3rd Kernow British Society of Lifestyle Medicine Conference takes place in Wadebridge in Cornwall on March 23rd 2020.
The conference is the region’s leading event for those interested in using the principles and practice of lifestyle medicine to treat, manage and prevent chronic disease. Experts from the world of lifestyle medicine have been booked for the one day event which has been organised by our regional director for Cornwall Dr Anna Huette.
The conference takes place from 9am-5pm (with optional mindfulness from 8am) at the Pavilion Centre in Wadebridge in Cornwall (PL27 7JE).
Lunch will be a delicious plant-based (and gluten-free) meal by Fee's Food.
- BSLM members : £30
- Non-BSLM members £35
- Limited number (5) of student tickets for BSLM student members (5) Bring your own lunch £10 £20 incl lunch
- Limited number (15) of bring your own lunch tickets for those with limited income £20
To book tickets visit eventbrite
Who will be there?
Delegates will hear inspirational talks and sessions from:
- Dr Caroline Court is a consultant in public health with the remit for wider determinants of health which includes planning, health and climate change with a talk on the link between climate and our health.
- Consultant Gastroenterologist Dr Alan Desmond who will be discussing the role of a wholefood plant-based diet and plant-based dietary treatment for treating many chronic disorders.
- Katie Maggs is a writer, Health Science lecturer, photographer and all year-round open water swimmer and will be sharing her personal story and inspiring short-film Tonic of the Sea.
- Movement coach, TEDx speaker and founder of Primal Play Darryl Edwards who will be leading a session exploring the joy and science of practical, primal and playful movement.
- The Hope Programme, Volunteer Cornwall, Healthy Cornwall - Healthy Workplace Team, The Wave Project and Man Down Cornwall.
- In the afternoon there will be opportunity to learn about projects & progress within our Special Interest Groups (list below*) followed by time for peer learning and reflection with the aim to further develop local projects and solutions to common issues with the overall vision to continue spreading Lifestyle Medicine across Cornwall and the UK.
- Also on the agenda are an optional mindfulness session as well as afternoon walk.
Click Here for Full Conference Agenda
LM education for professionals, LM resources, Patient Coaching, Mental Health and Trauma, Chronic pain, Dermatology, Diabetes, Physical activity, Food, Shared Medical appointments/Group consultations, Staff Health and Wellbeing, Mindfulness for wellbeing, Undergraduate and postgraduate LM teaching, Social Prescribing, Politics/system change, Musculoskeletal Health, Children Health and Wellbeing, Community Group, '''Seeds for change' - Field to fork for health
The event is aimed at GPs, clinicians, allied health and social care professionals interested in the use of evidence-based/evidence-informed lifestyle measures to prevent, treat and manage chronic conditions.
It’s a great opportunity to learn, share experiences and information and network with others with a shared interest in lifestyle medicine.
Please bring your own take away cup and water bottle for refills.
If you are ready to refill your kitchen cupboards please bring your refillable containers as you will have the chance to stock up during the breaks.
There will also be the opportunity to buy products from our sponsors - with a few special deals of the day to be had!
Optional Body Composition Monitoring will be available during breaks. If you are interested avoid exercise or other strenuous activities eight hours prior to assessment, and avoid food and drink in large quantities three hours prior to assessment.
Attendance at the conference will also earn you six CPD points which count towards the 30 CPD points needed for those studying for the Lifestyle Medicine certification course through BSLM.
Royal Cornwall Showground