Submissions are invited for oral abstract and poster presentations that represent original and new, important or relevant science, research, clinical application or public health relating to one or more of the themes of the conference, or relevant to the field of Lifestyle Medicine generally.
- First round abstract submissions close: 14 May 2019 (Extended from 31 April)
- Second round closes: 30 May 2019 (subject to availability following first round) Who should apply?
- Scientists and researchers
- Post-graduate students and research fellows
- Medical practitioners
- Other healthcare practitioners
- Public health professionals
How does the call for abstracts work?
The call for abstracts is a competitive process. Abstracts received will be de-identified before being assessed and ranked against selection criteria drawn up by the Education Group including:
- The extent to which the content relates to the themes of the conference or is relevant to the field
- The extent to which the abstract represents new, original, innovative or important research
- The scientific, academic and/or clinical rigour of the work
Successful applicants may (depends on level of interest) be offered the opportunity to present either; 1) a poster or 2) a short oral abstract and Powerpoint presentation of about 10 minutes in a concurrent stream. Oral presenters may also present a poster if desired. Posters will be displayed on boards in an allocated area for the entire conference.
Poster presenters are asked to stand near their posters during allocated poster viewing times during the day to discuss with, and answer questions from, delegates. On receiving notification of acceptance, oral abstract and poster presenters must register to attend the main conference. This is a condition of acceptance. Oral abstracts and posters must be presented by one of the listed authors and any costs of presenting including travel and accommodation are the responsibility of the presenter. Submission of an abstract or other work confers permission to publish it in the official conference proceedings book.
- Best Poster Presentation – for the best poster presentation
Instructions for preparation of posters
Posters will generally be A0 in size (841mm x 1189mm), not larger, in either landscape or portrait format, and follow the usual guidelines for scientific posters available from most academic institutions, however some flexibility is available. Posters are usually printed in full-colour, can be printed on paper or fabric, can be laminated and will be fixed to the display board by hook and loop ‘velcro’ fasteners. Poster presenters should bring the poster to the conference venue with them and will be advised the time and date by which posters should be displayed.
Instructions for submission of abstractsAbstracts should be submitted in the format described below to firstname.lastname@example.org accompanied by the necessary abstract submission form, which you can download here.
- Microsoft Word document (one page)
- Use a common sans serif font such as Arial
- Title of abstract: 14pt bold capitals
- Authors: 11pt sentence case. List family name, initials. If more than one author, underline the presenting author and use superscripted numerals to refer to author affiliations.
- Author affiliations: 11pt, sentence case, italics. List affiliation, city and country. If more than one author, use numerals to refer to author superscripted numerals.
- Abstract body: 11pt, sentence case, 300 words maximum not including references, generally with sections in the following order: Introduction/Background, Methods/Materials, Discussion, Conclusions. As part of the discussion and conclusions please outline the following:
- What the key benefits are as a result of the work
- Your key outputs
- The key learning points
- References: 9pt, sentence case. List up to five references in order of mention in the text using superscripted numbers.
- Insert one blank line after Title, Authors, Author affiliations and Abstract body. Do not insert any other blank lines.
Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be returned.